A Powerful Suite of Advanced Automatic Self-Cleaning Filtration Solutions
Spiral Water offers several configurations of its advanced automatic, self-cleaning filters to accommodate a wide range of high solids filtration and separation needs.
Self-cleaning filters are water filters that use the existing system’s pressure to clean itself rather than having to be manually removed and cleaned routinely. Self-cleaning filters are a cost-effective alternative for applications where continuous water flow is vital and requires treatment and removal of debis and other contaminants from particulate-heavy water or wastewater. Many industrial water and wastewater filtration systems use self-cleaning filters to remove unwanted particles for industrial water filtration equipment protection, membrane protection in municipal water filtration systems, nozzle protection in irrigation filtration systems, food and beverage processing and wastewater reduction, industrial and organic wastewater treatment, and much more.
Automatic Self-Cleaning Filters at Spiral Water
Spiral Water can accommodate various high-solids filtration and separation needs with multiple configurations of our advanced automatic, self-cleaning filters. Our range of models provides continuous filtration ranging from 15 to 1500 microns, surpassing other self-cleaning filters available in the market as they can filter up to 50 times dirtier water in just one pass.
Our Series 800 Model 850 Automatic Filter is our cornerstone product. Available in stainless steel, the Model SWT850 the SWT850 is designed to remove high total suspended solids (TSS) and reduces the rated flow by up to 50%. It is the latest evolution of our widely used Series 800 filters – our most compact product line, designed for lower flow, low pressure, low temperature applications.
Our larger Series 1000 Automatic Self-cleaning filters, available in stainless steel, are designed to handle medium to high flow, high pressure, high temperature applications and liquid/solids separation. They can handle high TSS loading exceeding 500 ppm as well as remove bulk solids up to 15,000 mg/l all while providing continuous filtration for particle sizes between 15 and 1,500 microns.The Model T1000 is intended for industrial applications while Model H1000 accommodates food & beverage and other clean processes where hygienic conditions are required.
Our new break-out High Solids Water Recovery (HSWR) System is a packaged, turnkey system that combines our Series 1000 automatic, self-cleaning filters with other industry equipment in various configurations depending on the intended application. The HSWR system can receive high solids loaded process water with Total Suspended Solids (TSS) greater than 15,000 ppm. It is a customizable, pre-integrated, and ready to use solution to recover and reuse water from industrial and other wastewater streams.
Benefits of Using Automatic Self-Cleaning Filters
Automatic self-cleaning filters offer many advantages, including the following:
- Cost-Effective: Filters are reusable and no operator intervention is required for cleaning. They reduce operating costs and water usage with Spiral Water’s super-efficient, multi-second purge installed on backwash lines of the backwash lines of other self-cleaning filters.
- Reusable: Spiral Water filters have the versatility to serve other purposes, such as washing nozzles for drums and filter presses, provided they are installed downstream of the filtration process.
- Less Downtime: Since the filter is continuously cleaned as the system runs, it leads to more operation time and fewer shutdowns for machine cleaning. Spiral Water’s proprietary controls make it simple to trigger self-cleaning purges using “solids sense technology.”
- Simple Installation: The compact filter design provides flexible installation and scalability. It doesn’t require any cross-flow, backwash, or booster pumps, as it can be combined with backwash lines of other self-cleaning filters.
- Solid Return on Investment: The wastewater TSS reduction solution from Spiral Water offers a return on investment of less than one year when compared to the service charges for existing municipal wastewater treatment.
- Proprietary controls using “solids sense technology” to trigger self-cleaning purges in variable solids loading conditions.
- Ability to concentrate solids with our super-efficient, multi-second purge that helps end-users concentrate solids and reduce their water usage.
- Wastewater TSS reduction, typically delivering a solid return on investment, often under one year, as compared to existing municipal wastewater service charges.
- Ability to reuse the Spiral Water filter effluent for other purposes in the plant such as drum/filter press nozzle washing water, when installed after the drum filter or filter press.
Self-Cleaning Filters from Spiral Water
Regardless of the model, all Spiral Water filters are engineered to deliver superior performance while reducing CapEx and OpEx. Our technology is designed for high TSS/BOD removal with the ability to handle high TSS loading of over 500 ppm, and process bulk solids removal up to 15,000 mg/l TSS (15% by volume), while providing continuous 15-to-1500-micron filtration. They can filter up to 50 times dirtier water, in just one pass, while requiring only a fraction of the energy and footprint required by large capital equipment.
Our products can be used for pre-filtration, as a primary filter, or for fluid reclamation from existing filter backwash or centrifuge underflow. In addition, our proprietary purge technology concentrates solids to reduce waste or in some cases, for potential resale.
In addition, our filters can be used as standalone products, combined into multiplex filter skids, and/or integrated into larger treatment systems. Compact, self-contained and lightweight, they require only a fraction of the footprint of other filters and are also low-maintenance, with less downtime and greatly reduced manpower requirements.
Whether used as pre-filtration, primary filters, or integrated into larger treatment systems, Spiral Water can provide the self-cleaning filter solution for your needs. Contact us to learn more about our automatic self-cleaning filters.