The Series 1000 automatic self-cleaning filter from Spiral Water Technologies, Inc. is designed to remove high total suspended solids/biochemical oxygen demand (TSS/BOD) from fluid streams. It can handle high TSS loading exceeding 500 ppm as well as remove bulk solids up to 15,000 mg/l all while providing continuous filtration for particle sizes between 15 and 1,500 microns. In a single pass, these filters are capable of filtering up to 50 times dirtier water with significantly less energy and a smaller footprint compared to large capital equipment.
Depending on your particular needs, Series 1000 filters are available in various models for both industrial and sanitary applications.
Series 1000 Automatic Self-Cleaning Filter Products
The Series 1000 automatic self-cleaning filter is available in two primary models: the H1000 for sanitary use and the T1000 for industrial use. These models are available in stainless steel to ensure optimal durability.
Spiral Water also offers the following automatic, self-cleaning filter products:
Automatic Self-Cleaning Filters: Specs and Features
The T1000 and H1000 require no cross flow, backwash, or booster pumps and perform at very low differential pressure. They use a spiral-shaped brush driven by a motor to clean debris continuously from the filter element, resulting in less than 1 psi head loss across the filter screen. A continuous concentrate stream or purge valve automatically removes solids collected at the bottom of the filter housing.
Our automatic self-cleaning filter features a durable stainless steel filter screen and mechanical cleaning device to continuously maintain filter performance with no downtime. The single-pass system senses solids and automatically concentrates and purges them for optimal de-watering and waste management.
Spiral Water’s automatic, self-cleaning filter works as follows:
- Process fluid travels through the stainless steel filter screen from inside to outside.
- Our patented motor-driven spiral brush cleans the filter continuously.
- Solids collect at the bottom of the filter housing and are stored in a chamber. Solids are then expelled via an automatic purge valve.
- The system can separate variable and ultra-high suspended solids in concentrations up to 15,000 mg/L, and it operates at low inlet pressure and low differential pressure of 1 psi.
Spiral Water’s automatic self-cleaning filter technology offers the following performance features:
- It operates in high solids loading of 10,000 ppm+, with success in up to 20% solids by volume if the solids fluidize well or are soft.
- An agitator in the purge chamber keeps solids fluidized to prevent packing out.
- Our solid sense technology activates self-cleaning purges in variable solids loading conditions.
- Correctly sized filters operate with differential pressures of less than 1 psi.
- The filter operates at pressures between 5 and 10 psig without pulsing.
Automatic Self-Cleaning Filters: Flow Rates
Spiral Water’s automatic self-cleaning filters offer a range of customization. They can be configured with single or multiple filters to meet the needs of various applications and flow rates. For our T1000 products, the flow rates are based on TSS up to 1000 mg/l and a viscosity of 1.0 cP.
Automatic Self-Cleaning Filtration for Industrial and Sanitary Applications
The Series 1000 automatic self-cleaning filter is ideal for industrial and sanitary applications, including filtering municipal water and irrigation. It offers performance in the following industrial applications:
- Recycled secondary wastewater
- Recycled water
- Protection of bearing and seal
- Nozzle protection
- Monitoring equipment protection
- Reduction of TSS and BOD
Automatic Self-Cleaning Filters: Benefits
Spiral Water’s automatic self-cleaning filters provide the following advantages in a range of applications:
- Reduce operating expenses. Supplies like disposable filters are not required, and the automatic cleaning function requires no operator intervention. This leads to decreased operation costs.
- Less maintenance. The system requires no downtime for cleaning, as it cleans itself while it operates. This saves time and allows you to continue operations as usual.
- Continuous flow for high pressure applications. Filtration and flow are continuous during cleaning and backwash cycles.
- Simple installation. It is compact and allows for flexible installation.
1000 Filter Systems From Spiral Water Technologies
The Series 1000 automatic self-cleaning filtration system is an ideal solution for a wide range of industrial and sanitary applications, offering a reliable and efficient way of removing ultra-high and variable TSS from fluid streams. Our products can meet the needs of various industries, including wastewater treatment, breweries and distilleries, water reuse and recovery, and more. To learn more about how Spiral Water products can benefit your operations, contact us to speak with a technical representative today.