Our High Solids Water Recovery (HSWR) system offers an ideal turnkey solution for high solids filtration. This system can receive high solids loaded process water with high total suspended solids (TSS). The system also produces water output with significantly less biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) and TSS.
At Spiral Water Technologies, we provide reliable HSWR industrial water filtration systems that offer a variety of benefits to critical applications.
HSWR Industrial Water Filtration Products
Spiral Water Technologies manufactures high-quality automatic filters, self-cleaning water filters, and turnkey HSWR industrial water filtration products. All our solutions can provide continuous 15-to-1,500-micron filtration and remove high volumes of BOD/TSS, including over 500 ppm of TSS loading and solids removal up to 15,000 mg/l TSS.
Our filters can be used for fluid reclamation, pre-filtration, or primary filtration. With our patented purge technology, you can also concentrate solids to reduce waste volume or for resale.
If you require a custom solution for your application, our engineering team will work with you to create a unique design based on your individual project needs. Get in touch with the experts at Spiral Water Technologies today to discuss your application.
Industrial Water Filtration: How It Works
HSWR water filtration systems are designed to process water with high TSS. Our system is capable of processing water with a TSS of 15,000 ppm or higher, producing output water with much lower BOD and TSS levels.
The HSWR system works via the following steps:
- Fluid filters through an outside-to-in flow drum screen, which extracts large particles from the process water.
- The waste, or effluent, left behind on the drum screen transfers to a 200-gallon equalizer tank that then moves it to the SWT 25μm automatic T1000 filter. This filter reduces TSS by as much as 50% and BOD by 30%.
- The system feeds the automatic filter purge and filtered effluent into a connected spiral compactor.
- The effluent from the automatic filter with low BOD and TSS can be diverted to local municipalities or temporary storage tanks to be used in other applications.
Industrial Water Filtration: Applications
Depending on what your application needs, we can customize the HSWR water filtration system with various configurations.
Some industries and applications that rely on these systems include:
- Food and beverage processing
- Wastewater reduction
- Industrial and organic wastewater treatment
- Pretreatment for microfiltration (MF), ultrafiltration (UF), and reverse osmosis (RO)
- Hemp wastewater recovery and processing
- Offshore platforms and ships
- Oilfield water, including frac-flowback
- Recovery and reuse of farm waste
- Hydropower and power generation, such as cooling system water treatment
Output water that these systems produce also has various applications. The output water can either temporarily transfer to a holding tank for use in other plant processes or go to municipalities. Food processing, for example, may use the recovered organic matter in secondary markets.
If needed, Spiral Water can help you design and manufacture a custom solution, using alternative technologies to meet your unique requirements.
Industrial Water Filtration: Benefits
HSWR industrial water filtration systems offer key benefits to many applications. These benefits include:
- Large-scale prevention of health risks — Contaminants like heavy metals, viruses, bacteria, particles, chlorine, and lead can negatively impact water quality and public health.
- Improved equipment performance — The quality of water used for operating equipment may affect the equipment’s performance. For instance, water containing hard minerals could hinder the performance of certain appliances and boilers.
- Increased efficacy of water treatment — Using an industrial water filtration system in conjunction with other water treatment systems can improve efficiency and effectiveness across all systems.
HSWR Industrial Water Filtration Systems From Spiral Water Technologies
To find reliable industrial water filtration equipment for high solids filtration, turn to Spiral Water Technologies. Our HSWR industrial water filtration system works as a standalone or a supplement for other water treatment systems.
For more information about our industrial water filtration solutions and capabilities, contact us today.